At BeechdaleNursery School we already have strong links with our families and wider community. Due to feedback and requests to develop further family links and to allow more opportunities for reaching into the community, we decided to extend our Nursery building to allow for more space and therefore more exciting and innovative opportunities.
As a result, building work has taken place in full force at BeechdaleNursery Schoolduring the autumn term. A new extension has been built on to the existing ‘Centre’ that is part of the Nursery. This is a small extension with big ideas!
With the £3,000 awarded to us in November by the Derwent Valley Partnership—’I’ts up 2 U’ scheme we were able to complete our new build to the best possible standard and ensure that the links with our children, families, communities and staff are further enhanced and extended. We used the money from this award to purchase the following resources:
- A storage shed for the movement of resources and equipment which has allowed us to ensure we could allow for the extra space to build our extension.
- Furniture for the child care room, to ensure those children being offered child care have a designated area to cater for their every need.
- Colour printers to allow for work and resources to be printed to a high quality.
- Furniture for the training room to ensure it has all the possible space for work stations, resource storage and equipment to be used efficiently and effective.
- Laptops and computer desktops to ensure parents, community members and staff members have the facilities needed extended and drive us forward in this ever growing technological world.
Many thanks to the parents and community members who voted for our project!!!