Please note school will be closed on Monday 19th September in respect of the Queen’s funeral in line with the Bank Holiday that has been introduced. School will reopen on Tuesday 20th September.
From September 2022 we will be offer a new wrap around childcare service. Families will be offered the opportunity to keep their child with our experienced and qualified teaching assistances for a high quality childcare provision from 3-5pm every day during term time. This will be offered at an additional cost which is competitive priced against other childcare services in the area. Please contact Ms Harris in the School office for further information.
We are excited to announce we are now an accredited Communication Friendly Setting Status. Mrs Cornes and the whole team have trained together to achieve this accreditation, this was in working partnership with the DfE and ELKAN to raise awareness of the importance of early language and communication development. Well done Beechdale Nursery School! This will support out daily practice to ensure our children get the very best start in life supporting communication and language skills.
On 21st February Government announced the Living with Covid-19, link below:
This step removes the remaining legal restrictions used to manage the pandemic and moves the management of the disease towards the Public Health standard approaches for managing infectious diseases.
- Routine twice weekly LFD testing has ceased for staff and pupils in mainstream schools.
- Asymtomatic testing can be advised by Public Health as part a local response to an outbreak and DfE will be able to deliver tests for this purpose. Self-Isolation and close contacts
- Whilst the legal requirement for cases to self-isolate is now removed from 24th February, adults and children who test positive for Covid-19 will continue to be advised to stay at home and avoid contact with other people.
- The national Public Health advice is that anyone who has tested positive for Covid-19 should self-isolate at home for at least 5 full days, with LFD testing starting from 5 days after the day symptoms started (or the day the test was taken if there are no symptoms), and be undertaken daily until there are two consecutive negative tests at which point self-isolation may end provided the case has no fever/high temperature. The advised self-isolation period for cases ends for all cases after 10 full days from the day following their symptom onset.
- The guidance for individuals states that children and young people with COVID-19 should not attend their education setting whilst they are infectious.
- In most cases, parents and carers will agree that a pupil or student with the key symptoms or Covid-19 should not attend given the potential risk to others. If a parent or carer insists on their child attending your school where they have a confirmed or suspected case of Covid-19, you can take the decision to refuse them if, in your reasonable judgement, it is necessary to protect others from possible infection with Covid-19.
- There is no requirement for close contacts and household contacts of cases to self-isolate or undertake 7 days of LFD testing and this includes unvaccinated adults.
- No contact tracing is required to take place in school and routine national contact tracing will end.
- In addition, as rates in the community have reduced, we no longer recommend the use of face coverings in communal areas for all adults and secondary age pupils in school.
Please see the attached letter that shares up and coming events after February half term…
School has now re-opened from Monday 24th January 2022
School closure Monday 17th – Friday 21st January
Due to the continued rise in Covid 19 cases in school and being at a point now where our staff numbers are so low that we can not continue safely to open for the remaining children in school, its with the safety of every member of our school community in mind that we need to close school Monday 17th – Friday 21st January. We will review the situation daily and update you with a date for reopening as soon as we can. We apologise for any inconvenience this will cause but I’m sure you understand that the safety of children and staff has to take priority in this difficult situation. Keep your eyes on Class Dojo for any updates, along with ideas for activities that your children can enjoy at home. Any questions please do not hesitate to contact us in school.
Friday 8th April 2022 is the closing date for September 2022 admissions. Any applications received after this date will be placed on a waiting list.
We have updated our covid support page of our website for continued support with our Home School Learning Journey that we are on together.
We continue to use our ClassDojo page for continual updates on our current situation and we are here for you if you need. Please do not hesitate to e mail the school if you need us for whatever reason.